It’s the end of the year and motivation for fitness is sometimes hard to come by. The holiday season, colder temperatures, and busy schedules make it tough to find quality time for exercise. However, The Fitness Republic December Fitness Challenge will inspire you to make working out a priority in the final month of the year so that you can feel and look good to ring in 2016. The challenge focuses on bodyweight workouts that you can do anywhere for as many rounds as possible (AMRAP) in the alloted time of just 20 minutes. December is a busy month filled with family, holidays, and possibly traveling. The convenience of “anywhere” workouts will make the challenge more accessible. It outlines the type of workouts you should complete on a weekly basis throughout December to stay toned and fit.
The point is to provide flexibility and variety within the challenge so that it is more achievable in the midst of such a busy season of the year. Mix and match workout days to fit your schedule better, which will help you stay inspired and stick with it. Make this fit challenge yours and enjoy the journey!
- Speak with your physician before beginning a new workout program such as this one.
- Include a light warmup and cooldown with each workout. This can be a light 5-minute jog for a warm up and a 5-minute walk for a cooldown.
- Include dynamic stretches before each workout and static stretches after each workout.
- Hydrate with water before, during, and after your workouts.
- AMRAP stands for “as many rounds as possible” so complete as many rounds of the listed sequence that you can in 20 minutes.
- Slow down the pace or modify the exercises if you are a beginner. Take breaks when necessary.
- Challenge yourself by comparing how many rounds you got in the same workout and see if you can beat your most amount of rounds.
- Remember that form is top priority, so ensure that you are moving correctly before completing the full workout.