Time to break out that mini skirt! These exercises are sure to tone your thighs for sleek, shapely legs. Add them to your workout routine a few times a week and watch your gorgeous gams become toned and taut.
1. Criss-Cross Power Jacks
These are very similar to standard jumping jacks, but they focus on your lower body and specifically your thighs.
- Stand with your feet apart and your hands out to either side.
- Jump slightly into the air, crossing your legs and your arms as you land.
- Jump back to the start position, then repeat, this time crossing the opposite leg in front.
- Continue alternating for about two minutes, then rest.
2. Plank Jack
- Start in plank position.
- Jump your legs out to either side while keeping your back straight, then bring them back together.
- Continue sliding your feet in and out for one minute.
3. Frog Bend
- Lie on your back with your hands on the ground at your sides, and your feet straight up into the air with your heels touching and toes turned out.
- Bend your knees and rotate them outward, bringing your feet in toward your hips while keeping your heels touching.
- Slowly extend back to the start position, then repeat eight to 12 times.
4. Bodyweight Squats
The king of all leg exercises, the squat always has a place in any routine, especially when you are focusing on your thighs.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Lower yourself down into squat position, sticking your butt back and keeping your head and neck up.
- Stand back up, and repeat eight to 10 times.
- Another staple exercise, these can be done in place, or as walking lunges.
- Either way, make sure to focus on proper form, and keep your back straight.
- Do 10 reps on each side.
6. Side-Lying Double Leg Lifts
This is a pilates exercise that will target your thighs.
- Lie on your left side, with your left arm extended above you, and your hips stacked.
- Engage your core to lift both of your legs up and down together.
- Focus on your breathing and move slowly enough to do each rep correctly.
- Do eight to 12 reps on each side.
7. Glider Side Lunges
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder width apart, and your right foot standing on a sliding disc.
- Slide your right foot out to the right and bend your left knee, lowering yourself into a side squat.
- Return to the start position, then repeat 10 times on each side.
8. Bridge With Squeeze
- Begin this exercise by lying down on a exercise mat with both feet together, flat on the floor.
- Lift up your hips until your body forms a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
- Squeeze your butt and inner thighs at the top of the lift, then lower yourself back down.
- Repeat eight to 12 times.
9. Swinging Bridges
This is very similar to the bridge with squeeze, but there is a little more motion involved.
- Get into bridge position, but then begin to swing your hips back and forth to the left and right, as if you were on a sideways swing.
- Continue for about one minute.
10. Leg Swings
- Lie on your back with your hands on the ground at your sides and your legs extended.
- Lift your left leg straight up into the air, then rotate onto your right side and swing your left leg over to the right until it touches the ground.
- Return to the start position and repeat 10 times on each side.