When trying to workout, most people complain that exercise is expensive, requiring too many fancy tools in order to be effective. What if you discovered that exercise can actually be easily accessible and extremely cheap? Wonder how this is possible? All with the help of a wall! Below are five great wall workouts to help get your body into tip top shape!
1. Wall Push-Ups
- Start out in a plank position, feet on the wall, with one forearm on the floor, facing the opposite arm. The other arm will be in push-up position.
- Perform one push-up and repeat for about ten reps. Switch arms and repeat.
2. Wall Leg-Ups
- Start off in a handstand with your feet against the wall.
- Move one of your legs away from the wall and straight forward, in a sort of stretch position. After a nice stretch for a few seconds, return back to the wall.
- Do a few reps with the same leg, switch, and repeat with the opposite leg.
3. Wall Ab Scissor Kicks
- Lie down on your back, heels touching the wall in front of you and your shoulders slightly lifted off of the ground.
- Take one leg and raise it up towards the ceiling. After lowering it back down, do the same thing with the opposite leg.
- Do about 10 or 20 reps.
4. Wall Sits
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart, and back facing the wall.
- Slowly slide down the wall, stopping when your hips and knees make a 90 degree angle.
- Stay in that position for a few seconds and raise back up. Repeat.
5. Wall Lunge
- Stand a few feet away from the wall on one leg with the ball of your foot touching the wall.
- Put your hands together at your chest and bend your opposite knee, lowering yourself into a lunge position.
- After a few seconds, return to the original position and repeat. Later on, switch sides and do the same thing.