Summer is here and that means it’s time to break out the bikinis! However, after being so covered up all winter, your body may not exactly look the way you like in your bikini anymore. Well you’ve come to the right place! Below we have six strength building exercises that will help you look your best in your swimsuit!
1. Front Lift
- Stand up straight with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your arms straight up, either bare or with lightweight dumbbells.Lift one of your arms up straight in front of you.
- Hold for about five seconds and then drop down into a lunge. Repeat with the opposite leg.
2. Squat To Overhead Press
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold dumbbells in both hands and raise your arms straight up.
- Lower into a squat. Bend your elbows so that the dumbbells are parallel with your ears. Hold for a few seconds
- Lift yourself back up into the starting position. Repeat.
3. Hanging Leg Raise
- Hang from your chin-up bar, legs straight down.
- Raise your legs up, making a 90-degree with your body. Hold this position for a few seconds, making sure to breathe.
- Slowly lower yourself back into starting position. Repeat a few more times.
4. Tripod Row
- Hold two dumbbells in your hands and get on your hands and knees. Stretch your right leg out behind you.
- Using your left arm, lift the dumbbell up to your chest. After holding for a few seconds, lower the dumbbell back down.
- Repeat about 10 times and then switch and do it with the opposite hand.
- Lie facedown on the ground. Extend your arms and legs straight out as high as you can.
- Hold for a few seconds, breathing throughout.
- Return to starting position and repeat for a few more reps.
6. Curtsy Lunge
- Stand up straight with your feet hip-width apart. Put your hands on your hips.
- Take a diagonal step backwards with your right foot and cross it behind your left. Bend into a curtsy and extend your right arm down towards the ground.
- Return to original position and repeat about 10 more times. Then switch sides and do it again.