The Half Frog is an intense yoga pose that stretches the entire body including the thighs, shoulders and upper back.
How To Do Half Frog Pose
- Lie flat on your belly. While keeping your forearms against the floor, lift your head and upper torso.
- Curve your right knee and take your heel towards your butt. After this, while supporting yourself on your left forearm; use your right hand to clasp the inside of your foot. Now slowly rotate your elbow toward the ceiling and then slide your fingers over the top of the foot and curl them over the toe tips. Your palm should be touching the top of the foot.
- Now begin by pressing your foot towards your butt.
- Square your shoulders and lift your chest by pressing down your arm
- Practice this on each side for about 30 seconds.
Stay here for five deep breaths, then release your foot and do this pose on the right side.
Benefits Of Half Frog
The half frog yoga pose has an enormous set of benefits, including:
- Stretches and elongates; hip flexors, thighs, groins, chest, abdominals, spine, and neck.
- Perks up posture and uneasiness caused by prolonged sitting.
- Strengthens the back muscles and opens the spine.
- Stimulates digestive system.
- Arouses the uterus and organs of the abdomen.
Half Frog Pose is best practiced after a workout when covered with sweat, or after warming up with Sun Salutations and standing poses with backbends.