Many of us can almost certainly visualize how this pose would look like by its title, In Sanskrit, “Ananda” means happiness, “Bal” means baby and “asana” means yoga pose. Ananda Balasana or Happy Baby Pose is executed on the back, riveting the inside, outside or big toe of the foot with each parallel hand.
How To Do Happy Baby Pose:
Happy Baby Yoga Pose can radically decrease lower back pain and uneasiness. While performing this asana you will feel like a baby and have the complete benefits of the pose.These below mentioned instructions may help you follow proper steps to practice Happy Baby Pose.
- Lay down on your back in Sputa Samasthiti and breathe in deeply. With exhalation elevate your legs up as the crow flies, if probable with your knees together.
- Grasp your legs straight up and inhale again.
- With the next exhalation you bend your knees towards your belly and clutch your big toes. The soles of your feet keep on pointing upwards towards the ceiling.
- Open your knees wider apart than the width of your upper body and bring them toward your armpits.
- Keep your feet just above your knees and feel the enlargement in your groins, hips and inner spine.
- After holding a stable posture for a while, you ought to leave the seriousness and become like a baby to really enjoy this pose and get all benefit of it.
- Begin poignant your legs, pulling them towards you, rolling your back and enjoy being in the posture without caring too much where your legs and arms go.
Happy baby pose has plentiful series of benefits.
- A profound hip opener and one that’s capable of use arm strength
- If you do pull with the arms, the arm flexion strengthens the biceps
- Releases and decompresses the sacroiliac (SI) joints
- Can help as a compression of stomach organ
- Relieving strain and exhaustion
- Giving a sense of relax and calm
- The beginners may find the Happy Baby Pose valuable in curing and treating hip and spine associated ailments. If you find it too tricky to clutch your feet with your hands, use a yoga strap around the middle of the feet.
When to Avoid Happy Baby Pose
- If you suffer from injuries of neck, spine or knees.
- Pregnant women ought to also avoid this yoga exercise.
- Old people with health issues better consult their doctor before performing this pose.