Are you ready for an intense, hip-opening yoga posture? Lizard Pose, also known as Utthan Pristhasana, is the perfect asana for you. Yoga beginners may find the Yoga Lizard Pose intense and demanding, but this yoga sequence indeed works wonders to increase the flexibility and mobility of your hips. Warm up your muscles by practicing a few lunges and simple stretches before you attempt Lizard Pose sequence and reap its many benefits.
Spread out your yoga mat in a peaceful spot and get into the Lizard Pose.
- Position yourself in the Downward Facing Dog Pose.
- Shift your right foot forward, and place it towards the outside of your right hand.
- Gradually lower your left knee down to the mat. Yoga beginners can rest their knee on the mat instead of holding it up.
- Inhale and lower your elbows on to the mat.
- Keep your right shoulder and right knee positioned close to one another.
- Maintain the pose for five deep breaths.
Yoga Lizard Pose is an intermediate level asana and is bound to have a wonderful set of health benefits.
- This pose is a profound hip opener.
- It enhances flexibility of the hip ligaments.
- Stretches and strengthens hamstrings, thighs and legs.
- Therapeutic for stress, fatigue and anxiety.
- Individuals with thigh injuries, leg injuries and lower back problems should only attempt the Lizard Pose under the supervision of yoga professionals.
- Depending upon the severity of your health problem, the yoga professional can suggest suitable modifications to the Lizard Pose Yoga sequence.