There are lots of reasons to exercise and stay healthy, but perhaps one of the most persuasive is that doing so will improve your sex life. Getting fit and working out often can improve your stamina and your libido, so if you want to push your prowess in the sack to the next level, try some of these simple exercises.
The king of all exercises you can do anywhere, pushups are a great full body workout that will activate your core, chest and arms.
- Start by getting into tabletop position with your hands about shoulder width apart, then extend your legs out behind you and rest your weight on the balls of your feet.
- Keep your back straight, suck in your gut and lower yourself until your chest is about a fist’s height above the ground.
- Push yourself back up to the starting position and repeat 10 to 15 times for one set.
Strong ab muscles are vital during sex, so it only makes sense to focus on them with some classic crunches.
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Lift yourself up toward your knees until your shoulders come off the ground, then lower yourself back down to the starting position.
- Be careful not to pull on your head or neck with your arms, as this could cause serious damage.
- Do 15 to 20 repetitions.
For an extra exercise that strengthens your core while also targeting your hips and thighs, try doing bridges.
- Lie on your back in the same position you used for crunches, but put your hands on the ground flat at your sides.
- Lift your hips up until your body forms a straight line from your knees to your shoulders, squeezing your butt and your abs as you do.
- Lower yourself back to the floor and repeat 10 to 15 times for one set.
Deadlifts will strengthen your back, legs, glutes and core.
- Start by standing with your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart and your knees slightly flexed.
- Bring your shoulder blades together, keeping your back flat as you hinge forward at the hips until your back is nearly parallel with the floor.
- Slowly return to the start position and repeat 8 to 10 times for one set.
- You can add weights for more resistance once you have the technique down.
5. Dumbbell Side Bends
For stamina and upper body strength, try dumbbell side bends.
- Start by standing with your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart.
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand, and put the other hand on your hip.
- Bend over to the side with the dumbbell, slowly and keeping your arm straight.
- Carefully straighten back up to the starting position, and repeat 10 to 12 times on each side.
- This exercise can also be done using cable machines.
6. Dumbbell Rows
Rows are a great way to improve your strength, and they can be done at home using dumbbells, or at a gym using cable equipment.
- Start by putting one knee and one hand on a bench so that your back is nearly parallel with the ground.
- Put your other foot out to the side to stabilize yourself, and pick up a dumbbell with your free hand.
- Pull the dumbbell up to your chest, keeping your elbow close to your body.
- Extend your hand back down slowly, and repeat 10 to 12 times.
- Make sure you’re using your arm and chest to lift the weight, instead of your legs.
Stay Safe, Stay Sexy
Incorporating these exercises can help you improve your sex life, but remember to always work out safely. Know your limits, maintain proper technique, and always have a spotter when lifting weights. You won’t be having any sex if you throw out your back. As long as you exercise smart, you’ll be on your way to more satisfying, longer lasting sex in no time.