The idea of exercising first thing in the morning may sound unappealing, but you will never know how great your day could be unless you try it out! Morning exercises get your blood pumping, loosen up your body and enhance muscle flexibility. So without any further delay, let’s find out all about the best morning stretches and exercises that are easy and quick to perform.
Morning Exercise # 1 – The Kneeling Achilles Stretch
This exercise is a great way to give your leg muscles a morning warm up.
- Kneel down on the floor with one foot.
- Gradually put your weight on your knee.
- Now, with your heel pressed firmly into the floor, slowly lean forward.
- Maintain this stretch for at least 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Now repeat the stretch with the other leg.
Morning Exercise # 2 – Neck Stretch
Practice this simple flexing exercise to get rid of the discomfort of having a stiff neck in the morning.
- Sit on the edge of a chair or the bed.
- Rotate your neck, forming a circle with your ears touching your shoulders.
- Perform this rotation five times in a clockwise and an anti-clockwise direction.
- Do not rush through the rotations, perform them slowly.
Morning Exercise # 3 – Back Stretch
Perform this easy morning stretch to enhance your muscle flexibility.
- Sit on the edge of a chair. Make sure that your feet are touching the floor.
- Now bend forwards, reaching down to your toes.
- Arch your back while you are bent over.
- Maintain this position for a count of ten and repeat this exercise about five times.
Morning Exercise # 4 – Arms and Shoulders Stretch
Stretching and extending your arms is a great way to shake off any early morning lethargy and sleepiness.
- Stand straight and lace your fingers together.
- Now extend your arms upwards, with your palms facing the ceiling.
- Lift up as much as you can, stretching your rib cage as you raise your arms above your head.
- Maintain this position for a count of ten, and repeat this exercise about five times.
Morning Exercise # 5 – Body Stretch
We have all tried this exercise at least once! For some it may be very simple, while others may struggle with it. At the end of the day remember that pushing your body to do more than it can handle is sure to lead to injuries and pain. Attempt this morning stretch depending upon your body’s reaction to it.
- Stand straight, then bend over, extending your hands till your toes.
- Try to perform this exercise without bending your knees.
- Hold this position for a count of ten and repeat the exercise five times.
Morning Exercise # 6 – Hamstring Stretch
This morning stretch is a great way to enhance muscle flexibility.
- Sit on the floor, and extend your legs straight out in front of you.
- Now extend your arms and stretch forward towards your feet.
- Keep stretching forward until your fingers touch your toes. If you are unable to do that, simply stretch till you feel your muscles working and stretching.
- Hold the position for about 15 minutes and repeat the exercise thrice
Morning exercises and stretches are a brilliant, natural way to rejuvenate and stimulate your mind and body. These exercises will leave you feeling energized throughout the day!