Although cycling outdoors with music on can be hazaradous, there’s nothing like cycling indoors to a solid playlist. Cycling music helps you pump up your workout pace and rev up your motivation. That’s exactly why you turn to your favorite music when you need an additional boost, an encouraging push, or simply something upbeat and appropriate to keep you going when you’re tempted to call it a day. The concept of using music for motivation is not a new one by any means, but it sure has gained a lot of importance over the past few years. Fitness experts and researchers agree that music not only sets the mood for the training or exercise session, but it also diminishes the effects of pain and fatigue, and improves workout performance!
Keep Calm, Pump Up The Volume and Start Cycling!
You must have noticed that cycling music makes for a more pleasurable and invigorating experience than cycling without your favorite beats to keep you company. The best cycling music out there motivates you to exert more energy and give the cycling workout your best shot. Listening to music for motivation not only helps you to overcome challenges such as uphill climbs but also to make it a much more exciting experience! A research study carried out by the University Of New York At Cortland suggests that music could effectively prolong physical activity. In the study, it had a positive effect on the motivational levels of the participants, and also decreased their susceptibility to physical exhaustion.
That’s great news because cycling music can add another dimension to your regimen. Cycling regularly is a fantastic way to stay physically fit and mentally alert! So if your New Year’s resolution was centered on achieving a better fitness level and incorporating healthy habits into your daily routine, consider adding cycling to your arsenal!
The next time you head out on your regular cycling session, be sure to update your iPod or mp3 player with the best cycling music for motivation and increased performance. Get the most out of your workout! While some experts recommend listening to tracks with high Beats per Minute (147 BPM to 160 BPM) to rev up your energy levels during the workout, it is entirely possible that songs with lower Beats per Minute (BPM) have a greater effect on your mood and performance.
Instead of going through a stock playlist, go ahead and experiment with different genres of music and pick out the beats that bring a smile to your face, and compel you to get up and start moving to the rhythm. Use these suggested tracks to start off. Give them a listen, updating your cycling music as you see fit, and get ready for your next productive and fun cycling session!
Kick-Start Your Session With High BPM Tracks!
- Bottoms Up- Trey Songz feat Nicki Minaj (148 BPM)
- Animal- Neon Trees (148 BPM)
- Dirty Little Secret- All American Rejects (148 BPM)
- Dog Days Are Over- Florence + The Machine (150 BPM)
- Love Drunk- Boys Like Girls (150 BPM)
- Pump It- Black Eyed Peas (153 BPM)
- Knock You Down- Keri Hilson, Kanye West & Ne-yo (155 BPM)
- Caribbean Blue- Enya (158 BPM)
- Hey Ya- Outkast (160 BPM)
- Live Like You Were Dying- Tim McGraw (160 BPM)
- California Waiting- Kings of Leon (160 BPM)
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go- Wham! (163 BPM)
- Sugar We’re Going Down- Fall Out Boy (166 BPM)
- Bounce- Timbaland feat Missy Elliot, Justin Timberlake & Dr.Dre) (179 BPM)
- Born to Boogie- Hank Williams Jr. (180 BPM)
Mellow It Down With Low BPM Tracks!
- Everybody Talks- Neon Trees (77 BPM)
- Feel Good Inc- Gorillaz (110-140 BPM)
- Get Low- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz & Ying Yang Twins (101 BPM)
- Harder Better Faster Stronger- Daft Punk (123 BPM)
- Pump Up The Jam- Technotronic (126 BPM)
- Moves Like Jagger- Maroon 5 (128 BPM)
- Firework- Katy Perry (128 BPM)
- Come Fly Away- Benny Benassi & Channing (129 BPM)
- On the Floor- Jennifer Lopez feat Pitbull (130 BPM)
- Sexy and I Know It- LMFAO (130 BPM)
- Love Lockdown- Kanye West (131 BPM)
- Gangnam Style- PSY (132 BPM)
- Accidentally in Love- Counting Crows (138 BPM)
- Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff- Deadmau5 (140 BPM)
- Paradise- Coldplay (140 BPM)