When it comes to quick and easy dinner recipes, it doesn’t get much easier than a bowl of pasta. Spaghetti, linguine, penne — we love this classic Italian dish any way you slice it.
If you’re hitting the gym hard after work, consider choosing a high-protein pasta option for your post-workout meal.
Not only will this recipe give you a hefty dose of delicious veggies, plus the carbs you need to replenish, but you’ll also get an extra serving of protein, as this recipe calls for protein-infused penne.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss squash and Brussels sprouts with olive oil and roast separately, until slightly browned and cooked through.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, sauce chopped garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until slightly yellow in color.
- Add kale and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a ladle of cooking liquid and bring to a simmer.
- Add roasted vegetables.
- Drain and add pasta to the sauce.
- TOSS with parsley and top with grated cheese.