Are your mornings rushed and busy? Skipping breakfast might be a tempting way to save time, but going without a morning meal may set you up for overeating later in the day. Each of these quick breakfast recipes are made with wholesome ingredients and can be whipped up in 10 minutes or less!
1. Coffee Cup Ham and Cheese Scramble
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp. Shredded Cheese
- 1 slice of deli ham
- Coat a 12-oz. microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray.
- Add eggs, ham and milk then beat until blended.
- Microwave on high 45 seconds then stir.
- Microwave for 30 to 45 seconds longer until eggs are nearly set
- Sprinkle with cheese.
2. Breakfast Salad
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 oz of Prosciutto
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tsp rice vinegar.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a gentle simmer and add the rice vinegar.
- Break the egg into the water, turn off the heat, and cook for about four minutes.
- Mix the greens, tomatoes, prosciutto and cheese in a serving bowl.
- Add the vinaigrette and toss the salad.
- Top the salad with the poached egg and serve.
3. PB and Banana Sandwich
- 1 slice of sprouted grain bread, like Ezekial Bread
- 1 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Put bread in your electric toaster and toast to your liking.
- Cut half a banana into thin slices.
- Once the bread has cooled, spread peanut butter all over one side.
- Top the bread with banana slices
4. Microwave Egg Sandwich
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp. thyme
- 1 English muffin
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- Spray a small microwave-safe bowl or cup with cooking spray.
- Crack the egg into the bowl; add the thyme and beat well.
- Cover the dish with a paper towel or lid (do not seal completely), and microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- In the meantime, toast the English muffin.
- Scoop the cooked egg onto the English muffin, top with cheese and serve hot.
5. Cinnamon Raisin Cookie Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- 1 Tbsp slivered almonds
- Microwave oats and milk for 2 minutes or until mixture is cooked to desired consistency.
- Mix in the cinnamon, vanilla extract and stevia.
- Top with raisins and almonds.
6. Berry Super Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 Tbsp. all-natural almond butter
- Wash kale and remove stems.
- Wash the berries and remove any stems from the strawberries.
- Add all the ingredient to the blender, liquids first, and blend.
- Add water for a thinner smoothie or ice for a thicker smoothie.
7. Overnight Swiss Oatmeal
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup unsweetened milk of your choice
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. raisins
- 1 Tbsp. dried currants
- ½ an apple
- ½ a banana
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon roasted almonds, chopped
- Chop the apple and banana into small pieces.
- Place oats, milk, yogurt, raisins, currants, apple, banana, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Soak (covered) in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, scoop the mixture into two serving bowls and top with roasted almonds.
8. Banana Mocha Buzz Smoothie
1 banana, frozen overnight
- 1 shot of espresso (or about 4 ounces very strong coffee), cooled
- 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 Tbsp. Honey
- Add all the ingredients to the blender, liquids first, and blend.
- Add water for a thinner smoothie and ice for a thicker smoothie.
9. Turkey Bacon Club Sandwich
- 6 slices of turkey bacon
- 2 whole grain English muffins
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 a tomato
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
- Place turkey bacon in a single layer on a paper towel-lined microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high (100% power) 1½ to 2½ minutes.
- Toast the English muffins.
- Thinly slice avocado, tomato and lettuce.
- Spread half the mayonnaise on each muffin.
- Put three slices of turkey bacon and half of the avocado, tomato and lettuce on each sandwich.
10. Blueberry Coconut Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Wash blueberries then mash them in a bowl using a fork.
- Mix in cinnamon and chia seeds.
- Add coconut milk, and mix until blended.
- Let the pudding soak for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.