We all know the feeling. We’re in a rush at lunch and think a quick trip through the drive-thru is our only option, and even though it isn’t healthy we afford ourselves the choice to save on that priceless commodity–time. Well, we have a solution. The following is a list of quick and easy 10 minute lunch recipes that are not only time-saving, but healthy too! With these healthy 10 minute meals you can eat on the run without sabotaging your diet, or sacrificing precious time during the rush at lunch!
Secret Ingredient Soup
Ok, it’s just ramen noodles with leftovers added in, but in the spirit of Kung Fu Panda, we’re making this our number one pick for 10 minute recipes.
- 1 package Ramen noodles, any flavor
- ½ cup diced Tofu
- ¼ package any frozen vegetable or veggie mix
- Put 3 cups of water in a sauce pan and set on high heat
- Toss in frozen veggies and the flavor packet from the Ramen
- Bring to a boil
- Add dried Ramen; cook at a light boil for 3 ½ minutes
- Remove from heat
- Add tofu pieces and serve while hot. Skadoosh!
Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas
These quesadillas are great and super easy! For a higher fiber, lower carb option, use corn or whole wheat tortillas.
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon onion powder (to taste)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh or jarred salsa
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Any size flour (or wheat, or corn) tortillas
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
In a large skillet, heat the oil and add corn, beans, garlic and onion powder. Heat until corn is hot (1-2 minutes); add sugar, salsa and red pepper flakes. Stir for 3-4 minutes until thoroughly heated and flavors are blended.
In a second skillet on medium heat, place lightly buttered tortillas in the pan. On one side of the tortilla, add a bit of cheese, some corn and bean mixture, a little more cheese. Then fold the tortilla over. Now you have room on the other side of the pan for another tortilla. Repeat above steps and heat until cheese is melted. Boom! 10 minute lunch recipe: Quesadillas for lunch, anyone?
Salmon & White Bean Salad
This is an awesome alternative to boring tuna salad. Eat this with pita bread, chips or your favorite crackers.
- 1 3.5 ounce can pink or red salmon
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans
- 1 small minced clove of garlic (about 1/2 tsp.)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs. vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
Rinse and drain beans, place in medium bowl
Add the salmon to the beans; add the garlic, parmesan and basil leaves
Make the dressing by whisking the ingredients together; pour over bean mix and combine by gently tossing everything together. Serve immediately or chilled. This 10 minute lunch idea serves 4-6.
Easy Chicken Burritos
This 10 minute lunch recipe uses leftover cooked chicken and is a delicious time-saver!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 diced avocado
- ½ cup shreddded Cheese (Mexican blend, Mozzarella, Cheddar)
- 2 TBS chopped cilantro
- 4 large tortillas (flour, whole wheat or corn)
- 1 TBS oil
Mix together the chicken, cilantro, cheese and avocado pieces
On a plate, lay one tortilla flat and add ¼ of the filling; roll into shape.
With the oil heated in a pan (or griddle) lay all 4 burritos and cook for two mins each side on med-high heat. The burritos will be a toasted golden color and the inside filling warmed. Serve immediately. Note: these can be made ahead of time and frozen, uncooked or cooked for up to three months.
Super Easy Turkey Avocado Wraps
These literally take no time to make and the combo of ingredients in this 10 minute lunch idea will surprise and delight you!
- Laughing Cow Cheese, garlic and herb flavor
- Fresh baby spinach
- Deli sliced turkey, smoked or peppered (to taste)
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ sliced avocado
Lay tortilla flat. Spread Laughing Cow cheese on first, then add spinach, turkey, cheese, avocado and red bell pepper strips. Roll it into a wrap. That’s it!
There are so many options that are better and healthier than fast food, and quicker, too! In the time it takes you to check your Facebook you could have a healthy, fast and very tasty lunch in under 10 minutes! Enjoy!