A cool summer fruit parfait with nuts and topped with fluffy non-fat whipped topping is the cure for the summertime blues! Yum! Whether you enjoy summertime desserts poolside, in the sand or in the comfort of your own backyard, you will love these easy no added sugar summer recipes!
When shopping for fruit, find organic non-pesticide treated varieties that keep you healthy and happy. Summer desserts are great for summer’s eve parties and a night under the stars. Enjoy these recipes that include delicious seasonal fruits.
Pineapple On The Grill
If you are a grill master, keep fresh pineapple on hand.
- Slice pineapple into 1” pieces.
- Melt a stick of butter and stir in a ½ cup of honey.
- Toss pineapple pieces in butter and honey to coat.
- Place on grill until pineapple is caramelized (with grill marks).
- Serve warm.
Honey Roasted Cherries
Cherries are a nutrition powerhouse. Summertime is great for buying fresh cherries on the stem. Bing cherries are naturally sweet and don’t require added sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place two dozen ripe cherries on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle two tablespoons of clover honey over cherries.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle two tablespoons cherry brandy over cherries and continue to back for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Homemade Fruit Ice Cream
“You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream!” Summer just isn’t summer without a spoonful of creamy ice cream. Make this sugar free recipe in your kitchen.
- Freeze two bananas and two cups of fresh strawberries (or fruit of choice).
- Cut frozen bananas into pieces.
- Add frozen banana pieces and frozen strawberries to your food processor.
- Blend until creamy.
- Serve immediately.
Heavenly Fruit Sherbet
Sherbet, like ice cream, can put a cool smile on a hot summer day.
- Place four cups of various berries (blueberries, blackberries, etc.), two cups of half and half, one cup of honey and one teaspoon of lemon juice into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in ice cream freezer until frozen.
- Makes about one quart.
Gelatin Fruit Squares
- Dissolve five tablespoons of lime flavored sugar free gelatin in one cup of hot water.
- Once dissolved, add one cup cold water.
- Squeeze the juice of fresh oranges (or add orange juice) to equal 3 ¼ cups.
- Add the juice to the gelatin.
- Place in gelatin molds for single servings, or place in a dish to cut into squares once gelled.
- Once the gelatin is set (after several hours) serve with sugar free whipped topping and garnish with an orange wedge.
- This recipe can be used as a side salad to a summer meal as well.
- Place a lettuce leaf in a single serving saucer.
- Add ½ cup cottage cheese.
- Place gelatin onto cottage cheese for a beautiful addition to any summertime meal.
I love chia seeds. They contain empowering antioxidants and provide energy boosts (oh, they are a beauty superfood, too).
- Blend together two cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 ½ teaspoons fresh ground cinnamon, and a teaspoon of clover honey.
- Pour the mixture over chia seeds.
- Mix together and let stand for three hours.
- Serve with fresh fruit or pack as an on-the-go nutritious dessert! Yum!
Coconut Joy Dessert Bars
These are a beautiful decadent dessert that everyone will love.
- In a large bowl combine ¾ cup shredded coconut,
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup crispy rice
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ¾ cup carob powder
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt, and a teaspoon of honey.
- Mix well. Spread mixture thickly into square pan.
- Place in freezer for about one hour.
- Cut into squares and serve chilled.
Tropical Fruit Salad
- A favorite potluck salad, slice and dice your favorite summertime fruits; grapes, strawberries, apples, blueberries, kiwi.
- Toss with two tablespoons honey and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Place in a lovely glass bowl to showcase the beauty of the fruit.
- Serve chilled.
No Sugar Chocolate Cake
Dessert always brings to mind chocolate cake. This one is guilt free. It’s perfect for a summer birthday or other celebration.
- In a large mixing bowl, add one package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water, two egg whites, one whole egg, ½ cup baking cocoa, and one cup non-fat plain yogurt.
- Beat for three minutes until blended.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
- Yield 12 servings.
My Campfire Cobbler
With berries in season and camping on the weekends, this cobbler is family-pleasing as well as nutritious. I use a Dutch oven lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil for this recipe.
- Place two cups of your favorite fresh berries (blackberries, raspberries) in the Dutch oven.
- Combine one package organic yellow cake mix
- 1 ¼ cups water and ½ cup virgin coconut oil.
- Pour over berries.
- Place lid on oven and place in hot campfire.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- You can bake this cobbler in your kitchen using the same method (bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes).
- Yields about 10-12 servings.
Keep it simple and fresh. Choose seasonal fruits for scrumptious desserts. Share recipes with your family and friends to share your healthy lifestyle. Stay fit and enjoy summer!