Sometimes we find ourselves miserably short on time to prepare those meals we most need due to life’s inconveniently scheduled obligations. Then sometimes we find ourselves, sapped of all the energy we ever had, with no motivation to exert exhaustive effort towards preparing a half-decent meal.
Do away with the middlemen, food-delivery apps; no more overpriced, sub-par pizzas. No more buy a bucket of wings, get three BBQ wings free of charge. It’s darn time for us to take initiative, and save calories and/or our bank accounts in and throughout the mindlessly lazy, fried-food consumption process. Check it out here.
1. Baked Chicken Breast
- Remove chicken from packaging.
- Defrost chicken in microwave (there should be a ‘defrost’ button located on microwave control panel).
- Remove defrosted chicken from microwave, and coat in olive oil.
- Season olive-oil coated chicken for taste.
- Cook chicken at 375, for 20 minutes.
NOTE: We recognize your oven’s heating strength might vary greatly from friends – thus cook time could take a bit longer/shorter for your baked chicken to reach 160 degrees internally.
2. Tacos (Look Forward to Leftovers with These!)
- Chop up garlic, proceed to fry chopped up garlic in olive oil.
- Add ground beef (quantity up to you, higher quantity= greater protein intake)
Add chopped onions for taste.
- Drizzle shredded cheese (type up to you – for fiery taste, go with habanero pepper jack) on desired number of hard taco shells.
- Put taco shells on cookie sheet, in oven (set to 400 degrees) to melt cheese.
- Monitor taco shells closely, time to melt cheese will vary. – Likely 5-10 minutes.
3. Spicy Chicken Dish
- Marinate cubed chicken breasts, along with desired veggies (recommend: water chestnuts, peas, and broccoli).
- Stir-fry chicken breasts/veggie mix with minimal serving of garlic and onion powder.
NOTE: Ideal stove top temperature, set to medium-high.
4. Tater-Tot Casserole
- In either a square, or round casserole dish distribute 1 lb. of raw, lean ground beef into bottom – DON’T PUSH BEEF DOWN!
- Pour, then spread cream of mushroom soup over ground beef.
- Line the soup-soaked ground beef with tater tots.
- Bake between 45 minutes and 1 hour.
- Let cool, proceed to consume as if there’s no tomorrow.
5. Lancashire Bacon & Fried Cheese
- Fry the bacon as desired
- Drain bacon fat
- Reduce the heat
- Add milk
- Wait 2-5 minutes
- Add cheese
- Stir until cheese has melted through (DON’T ALLOW BOIL – as cheese will curdle).
- Serve alongside crusty bread, and black pepper.
NOTE: Per person account for, 2 or 3 oz cheddar, 2 strips bacon (cut into ‘matchsticks’), ½ pint milk.
6. Pizza Soup
- Cook can of tomato soup.
- Add scoop of rice (brown works great too!)
- Add mozzarella cheese (whatever amount desired).
- Cut up pepperoni pieces, splay on top.
7. Sunday Morning Frittata
- Place 4 quartered potatoes in microwave, cook for 3 mins.
- After 3 minutes are up, flip each quartered potato piece.
- Cook in microwave for 3 more mins.
- Remove potato pieces (might be hot).
- Cut potato pieces into bite size pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil on non stick skillet – medium heat for skillet.
- Add bite size potato pieces.
- Cook taters, season with salt & pepper.
- Add chopped fresh broccoli.
- Add chopped red peppers.
- Add ham.
- Toss the grand ‘ol mix, and cook.
- Add six beaten eggs.
- Stir, flip, cook mixture through.
- When one egg looks ‘almost done’ turn off heat.
- Add grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella, both great).
- Add a few splashes of Tabasco for fiery twist.
8. Clandestine Cinnamon Pancakes
- Sift the flour and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Add both milk and egg.
NOTE : For thinner pancakes, add a little extra milk- thicker pancakes add more flour
- Wait 2-3 minutes for mixture to rise.
- Pour mixture onto buttered over frypan, set to medium heat.
- When bubbles appear, flip pancake with spatula.
- Cook through until underside is done cooking.
NOTE : Mix will be fine in fridge for a day!
9. Shepard’s Pie
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1.5 packets of instant gravy
- 1 bag of mixed veggies (peas and corn are ideal)
- 1 box insta-mashed potatoes
- Place 1.5 lb ground beef in a pan (pan temperature should be low medium to avoid drying out beef).
- Get started on mashed potatoes – they’re insta-mash, just follow simple box directions.
- While waiting for ground beef to completely cook through, defrost peas and corn. (Simple defrosting method: put peas and corn in a bowl of warm water, then run through colander when they’re unfrozen).
- Retrieve 15” by 10” (smaller by a couple inches is fine!).
- Spread the cooked-through beef along the bottom of the pan
- Pour instant gravy on top of beef
- Layer your peas and corn over the gravy
- Spread mashed potatoes over peas and corn-instant gravy
- Place pan in oven for 25-35 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 potatoes (to be grated finely using cheese grater)
- ½ finely chopped onion (red or white, up to you)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Once mixed, fry the mixture in saucepan.
- Eat the Latkes with whatever condiments suit your fancy. (we recommend: ketchup, jam, and lemon juice w/powdered sugar!)