You can enjoy decadent desserts full of sinfully rich flavors and still keep on track with your diet this summer. The secret to a dessert that tastes great and keeps off the pounds? Naturally sweet summer fruits, creamy yogurt, and dairy-free milks. Your tastebuds will have no ideas these sweet treats are healthy, but your waistline definitely will.
1. Chocolate Raspberry Bombs
Are you ditching dairy? These frozen “yogurt” bombs are made from soymilk and tofu, but only you will know they are dairy-free. Chocolate Raspberry Bombs are an impressive looking low calorie dessert that you could serve to vegans, vegetarians, and eating clean or staying away from added sugars.
- Whip up a batch and keep them in the freezer for a rich and delightful chocolate-y, raspberry treat that only has 140 calories, plus an impressive five grams of protein, per serving.
2. Frozen Banana Pops
Remember the joy you got from eating a frozen, chocolate covered banana when you were a kid? Now you can recapture that same feeling with a healthy Frozen Banana Pop. Swapping out the milk chocolate coating for one made from nut butter cuts the calories and sugar from this healthy frozen dessert recipe.
- Experiment with different toppings including chopped nuts and shredded coconut, and maybe even some finely chopped dark chocolate for a grown-up version of this childhood favorite that is only 169 calories per pop.
3. Frozen Berry Granola Squares
This easy frozen dessert only has five ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make. Frozen Berry Granola Squares are one healthy treat. A granola base creates a healthy, whole grain “crust,” topped with yogurt and berries. Whole grain granola offers healthy fiber that fills you up and keeps you feeling full longer, while yogurt provides beneficial probiotics that support digestive health
- Fresh summer berries are a great source of antioxidants and vitamins. At 170 calories per square, feel free to have this dessert for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, too.
4. Strawberry Ice Cream Soda
Another dessert that is sure to conjure up sweet memories of childhood is a Strawberry Ice Cream Soda. Sipping on this “de-lite-ful” nostalgic treat is a great way to experience a frozen dessert without fear of adding on pounds.
- All you need is lemon flavored yogurt, fresh strawberries bursting with summer flavor.