Did you say guilt-free chocolate desserts? Yes! No longer do we have to rely on high calorie recipes to enjoy chocolate! Try these decant guilt-free chocolate dessert recipes that will be the hit of picnics, parties and social events. All baking chocolate bars are not created equal. Don’t skimp on the quality of baking chocolate you choose. Select organic dark chocolate, if possible. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants and has hearty, healthy flavonoids. Chocolate never tasted so good!
1. No-Guilt Brownies
To satisfy your sweet tooth, these healthy brownies feature fabulous black beans, packed with nutritious fiber and chocolate goodness.
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 5 medium free-range eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic flour
- 1 pinch of salt
Preheat oven degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13 non-stick cooking pan. Melt butter and chocolate together in microwave or over a double boiler. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. Gently add melted chocolate. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat beans and instant expresso. Combine bean mixture, salt, walnuts, cinnamon and vanilla into large mixing bowl. On low speed, add flour. Pour batter into 9 x 13 non-stick pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Cut and serve.
2. Guilt-Free Chocolate Marshmallow Bark
Yum. If you like marshmallows, you will enjoy this tantalizing guilt-free rendition of chocolate-covered marshmallows. So easy to make, it’s an easy addition to any dessert menu.
- 8 ½ ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 2 ½ teaspoons organic butter
Place heavy-duty aluminum foil in a 9 x 9 inch pan. Spray with non-stick baking spray. In the microwave or double boiler, melt butter and chocolate. Once melted, remove from heat. Gently stir in marshmallows. Layer mixture into pan. Refrigerate for one hour or until ready to eat. Cut into pieces and serve.
3. Chocolate Covered Strawberries
A favorite of many; a lovely addition to any dinner party or lunch box, these tasty treats are perishable and must kept refrigerated until ready to eat. Did you say yum?
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 5 ounces white chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 25 large strawberries with stems
Prepare a large sheet pan with waxed paper. Thoroughly wash and dry the strawberries. Set aside. Place the semi-sweet chocolate and the white chocolate into two separate microwave safe bowls. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate at half power for one minute, stir, and heat for one more minute, until melted. Melt the white chocolate as the semi-sweet chocolate, being careful not to burn the chocolate. Hold the strawberry by the stem and dip it into the semi-sweet chocolate and place on sheet pan. After all of the strawberries are dipped, take a fork and drizzle with white chocolate. Let the chocolate set in the refrigerator for about 30-40 minutes.
4. Fabulous Chocolate Fondue
Everyone loves fondue! Great for parties and mixers, fondue pots are available in various colors and designs, creating a fun ambience to any gathering!
- 2/3 cup fat-free organic evaporated milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet organic dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Assorted fresh fruit cut, into bite size pieces
In a medium sauce pan, pour in the milk, chocolate and marshmallows. Melt and mix over low heat, stirring occasionally, until completely smooth. Pour into fondue pot. Serve with fresh assorted fruit.
5. Mini Meringue Chocolate Chip Sensations
A yummy marriage of chocolate and vanilla, these healthy morsels will tickle your taste buds. They can be made a day ahead and stored in an air-tight container for on-the-go goodness.
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 6 medium free-range egg whites
- 1 teaspoon organic white flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat egg whites until peaks are formed. Slowly add sugar and continue beating until mixture is stiff and glossy. Gradually fold in vanilla extract and chocolate. Drop heaping teaspoons of the mixture onto a prepared non-stick baking sheet, about ½ inch apart. Bake for one hour until light golden brown. Makes about 48 cookies.
6. Creamy Chocolate-Orange Mousse
Ultra-rich and super-creamy, you will love this dessert. Remember when you are enjoying the scrumptious taste that it is guilt-free. Yes, you can have seconds.
- 1 ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ organic dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup organic liquid egg whites
- ½ cup organic white sugar
- 1 small can mandarin orange slices, drained
Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl and microwave for ½ a minute, stir, microwave for ½ minute more until almost melt. Be careful, chocolate can burn easily. Remove bowl from microwave. With a hand mixer, beat egg whites in a mixing bowl until peaks form. Set aside. In a large bowl place 1 ½ tablespoons water and sugar. Microwave until sugar is dissolved. Remove from microwave and add yogurt, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to the sugar water. Microwave for one minute, stirring often. Remove from microwave. Stir in melted chocolate. Gently fold in egg whites. Chill for 40 minutes. Divide the mandarin orange slices among six dessert glasses. Top with chilled mousse.
7. Chocolate Monkeys
Customize this recipe with your favorite ingredients. It’s easy, fun and oh-so-yummy!
- ½ cup organic bittersweet dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup organic clover honey
- ½ cup organic peanut butter
- ¾ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and honey. Add oats, almonds, sesame seeds and chocolate. Heat on low until chocolate is melted. Spoon onto non-stick sheet pan, creating about 20 servings. Chill and enjoy!
When baking with chocolate, choose organic dark chocolate for a healthier dessert! You don’t have to deny yourself of chocolate when on a diet. Enjoy a healthier version of the foods you love!