Need an ice-cold, delicious protein snack? If you’re body building at the gym or working on an intense workout regimen, a powerful protein treat may be just what you need to fill up.
Your body absolutely needs protein to heal muscle tissues and stay on top of body maintenance with your everyday exercise routine. Make yourself a treat to follow up your next workout with these protein-packed ice creams of every variety.
1. S’mores Protein Ice Cream (13 g protein)
- Almond milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp cool whip
- 4 packets, sugar in the raw
- Graham cracker crumbs/carob chips to top
Mix together almond milk, yogurt, cocoa powder, cool whip, and sugar in blender until smooth. Pour mixture into ice cream maker. Churn until consistency of frozen yogurt, and serve topped with graham crackers and carob chips.
2. Pumpkin Protein Ice Cream (13 g protein)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 5 packets, sugar in the raw
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Mix together all ingredients in a blender/food processor until smooth. Add to the ice cream maker and churn until the texture of frozen yogurt. (*Try without an ice cream maker by placing mixture in a sealed dish inside the freezer and stirring every half hour until desired consistency.)
3. Raspberry Almond Chocolate Protein Ice Cream (16 g protein)
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 2 cups soy/almond milk
- 4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup frozen raspberries
- 40g toasted almonds, crushed
- 30g fresh coconut shavings
Using a blender/food processor, smooth cottage cheese until creamy. Add almond milk, protein powder, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Mix until blended, then pour into ice cream maker for 25 minutes. Add raspberries, almonds, and coconut last and continue churning for about one minute.
4. PN Vanilla Blueberry Protein Ice Cream (18 g protein)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Mix together ingredients in Vita-Mix, and freeze or add ice if necessary before serving.
5. Vanilla Coconut Protein Ice Cream (19.5 g protein)
- 1 ¾ cup of milk
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 scoops whey protein (vanilla)
- 20ml Walden Farms caramel syrup (calorie free)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 25g shredded coconut
Mix together eggs, egg whites, and whey protein until smooth. Simmer the milk in a saucepan and add egg mixture. Pour into separate bowl, and set aside to chill in the refrigerator. Once cold, stir for two minutes, then add cream (whipped) and coconuts. Add mixture to ice cream maker for 45 minutes, remove, and freeze for about two hours.
6. Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Ice Cream (23 g protein)
- 4 cups of ice
- 2 scoops peanut butter chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky)
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (chocolate)
Mix together ingredients in Vita-mix until blended smooth, add ice last, then freeze if necessary before serving.
7. Chocolate Cherry Protein Ice Cream Recipe (25 g protein)
- 1 scoop vanilla or unflavored protein powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar-free, fat-free chocolate Jell-O pudding mix
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- ¼ cup frozen cherries
- 1 Tbsp chocolate chips
Using a bowl, mix together protein, Jell-O mix, and almond milk, and cherries, then place mixture in freezer for 30 minutes. Serve topped with chocolate chips.
8. Almond Protein Ice Cream (28 g protein)
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- 1-2 Tbsp almond butter (*Justin’s Nut Butter)
- ¼ cup almond milk
Mix together almond butter and protein powder in a bowl. Add almond milk with a whisk until it is pudding consistency, then freeze for 30 to 45 minutes for ice cream.
9. Banana Protein Ice Cream (38 g protein)
- 1 frozen banana (freeze without peel)
- 12 oz cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup banana Whey protein powder
Mix together banana, cottage cheese, and protein powder until smooth in a food processor/blender. Add mixture to airtight container, then freeze for an hour. Stir every half hour for optimal results.
10. Vegan Almond Butter Banana Protein Ice Cream
- 6 frozen bananas (chopped into slices)
- 1 or 2 Tbsp nut butter (*Justin’s)
- 1/4 cup, cashew or almond milk
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla Vega One protein powder
Mix together milk, bananas, nut butter, and protein powder in a blender/food processer until smooth. Pour into airtight container, then freeze. Serve with cacao nibs added to the top.
11. Chocolate Banana Vegan Protein Ice Cream
- 4-5 organic bananas (frozen solid)
- 1-2 scoops chocolate or vanilla plant fusion powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp soy milk or almond milk
Mix together bananas, plant fusion powder, vanilla, and milk in Vitamix/blender until smooth. Serve immediately for fresh and delicious results.
Do you feel fatigued and lack energy each time you intensify the workout? Check to see that you are getting enough protein to satisfy your exercise routine.