Are you looking for a decadent flourless treat? We have just the recipe to satisfy your cravings. These Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect recipe for anybody who is looking for an indulgent snack but wants to avoid eating flour.
Why Go Flourless?
The rise in awareness of gluten and wheat allergies has inspired many people to give up foods made with flour. If you have an allergy or sensitivity to wheat or gluten, it is important to avoid eating flour. However, if you can digest flour-based foods without any trouble eliminating flour may not be entirely necessary.
Many people who do not have any sensitivity toward wheat or gluten choose to eliminate process flour-based food products from their diet. Why? Because most flour-based foods like cookies and breads are high in calories and relatively low in vital nutrients like amino acids, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
Alternative recipes, like our Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, taste just as good as a traditional cookie, but they're made with more wholesome ingredients.
A word of warning: even though these cookies are made with nutritious ingredients it is important to remember that they are still high in calories. If you're trying to lose weight, exercise portion control!
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Makes two dozen cookies
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup stevia granules (cup-for-cup variety) or ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs plus one egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Stir together almond butter, sugar, egg, baking soda and salt until well blended.
- Mix in chocolate morsels.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transfer to wire rack, where the cookies should cool for 15 minutes.
Chocolate Chip Recipe
Want to make every ingredient in these cookies from scratch? To make your chocolate chips, we recommend you use food blogger Chocolate Covered Katie's recipe for 3-Ingredient Chocolate Bars.
Almond Butter Recipe
Making almond butter from scratch is simple; all you need is a good quality food processor and some almonds, of course!
- Place 1 ½ cups of almonds in a food processor.
- Blend for about 12 minutes, stopping every so often to scrape the sides down.
- Your fresh almond butter will keep in the fridge for up to three weeks.
If you've just got to have a chocolate chip cookie, these Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are a great choice! They're high in heart-healthy fats and low in sugar and other refined carbohydrates.
Who knew a cookie could be nutritious?!