Recovering from a tough workout, practice, or CrossFit session takes proper nutrition. If you are a female athlete, getting enough protein, healthy fats, and high-quality carbs should be a priority. The eight recipes below were designed to help keep you nourished and energized throughout the day.
We have high protein breakfast recipes, healthy on-the-go lunch recipes, and family-friendly dinner recipes to help you get the nutrition you need to succeed.
High Protein Breakfast Recipes
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 packet of stevia powder
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender.
- One batch makes two pancakes; cook one pancake at a time on a greased skillet over medium heat.
Green Goddess Frittata
- 8 eggs (preferably free range, Omega-3 eggs)
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup swiss chard, chopped
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, parmesan, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add greens and cook 3-4 minutes until wilted.
- Add egg mixture to the pan.
- Using a spatula, occasionally lift the edges to allow uncooked egg to run under.
- When the frittata has set, transfer to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until egg is cooked through. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Healthy Packed Lunches for One
Healthed-up Egg Salad
- 1 whole egg, hard-boiled
- 3 egg whites, hard-boiled
- 2 Tbsp hummus
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Chop egg and egg whites.
- Mix hummus and paprika into the egg mixture.
- Spoon the fluffy goodness onto whole grain bread, homemade pita chips or use as a dip for crudités.
Mid-east Chicken Salad
- 1 diced cucumber
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1.5 oz canned chicken breast chunks in water, drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp of oregano
1. Add the first seven ingredients to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. In a separate bowl, blend olive oil, lemon and oregano into a dressing for the salad.
3. Pour dressing onto the salad and toss.
Family Friendly Dinners
Easy Mexican Skillet
- 1 pound, very lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 large potatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced green onions
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add potatoes, peppers, and green onions.
- Stir occasionally while you cook the mixture until slightly browned and mostly cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Add lean ground beef and taco seasoning.
- Brown the meat, chopping into very small pieces and stirring and flipping often (about 10 minutes).
Italian Crockpot Chilli
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 large zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 package Italian turkey or chicken sausage removed from their casings
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 small can (6 oz) organic tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can drained and rinsed northern white beans
- Put the pine nuts in a high-speed blender or mini food processor and add 1/3 cup water; process until smooth and creamy. Set aside for later.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté for three to four minutes, or until shallots are soft.
- Add the bell pepper and zucchini and sauté for five to six minutes, or until vegetables soften.
- Season with Italian spices and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer vegetables to a five or six quart slow cooker.
- Add the sausage and more oil if needed to the “dirty” skillet used to cook the vegetables and heat over medium-high; cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Pour the wine into the skillet and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the pine nut cream, tomato paste and diced tomatoes, season with additional salt and pepper to taste and simmer for five minutes.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the slow cooker along with the vegetables and beans. Gently stir together. Cook on high for two and a half to three hours or on low for five to six hours.