In Liz Josefsberg's series "One Minute to Wellness" she shares how to make this easy and delicious slow cooker chicken recipe. Try this zesty barbeque chicken- the perfect recipe for your next barbecue!
Either you serve it as savory bbq shredded chicken sandwiches, put it over whole grain like bulgur and toss in a bunch of vegetables or relish in soup to add some protein to your vegetable soup, this is going to be the easiest chicken recipe you've ever made!
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- pepper to season
- salt to taste
- garlic powder
- chipotle powder
- 2 cups bbq sauce
Preparation Time: 1 minute
Cooking Time: 4 hours
- Place chicken into the slow cooker.
- Once you get your chicken in, season it lightly with pepper, salt to taste, and give it a kick by adding little bit of garlic powder and chipotle powder.
- Pour 2 cups of barbeque sauce over the top of it. Any kind you like, based on the flavors that you like (sweet barbeque sauce or spicy barbeque sauce).
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours
- Once time is up the chicken is completely cooked and just falls aprt.
- Take 2 forks and just little by little pull it apart untill you have a full bucket of shredded steaming chicken.
- As you keep working it, you'll see that it completely falls apart and you'll have delectable barbeque shredded chicken to serve.
Serve on buns or eat a plateful. Our favorite way is on little sliders! These delicious sliders are a real party pleasers. They are just delicious and so simple!