Perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack or a hike, these cookies are filled with seeds, nuts and dried fruit.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serving: 31/2 dozen
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raw cane sugar (raw sugar)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned or gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add honey and egg whites, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture and oats to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Add nuts, seeds, dried fruit and chocolate chips, beating until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls 1-inch apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies are lightly browned on the edges. Let stand 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 79||% Daily|
|Total Fat 2.7 g||4%|
|Saturated Fat content 1.1g||5%|
|Cholesterol 3 mg||1%|
|Sodium 40 mg||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.7g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3%|