- In a 1 1/2 quart microwave safe casserole, combine the brown sugar and the replacement is maple syrup, margarine and water .
- Cover with a paper towel and microwave on high for one minute .
- Allow to sit, covered for one minute, then stir to mix in the melted margarine.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Cut each of the biscuits into four pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball
- Dip each piece into the syrup mixture then place in a microwave safe ring mold .
- Arrange all coated balls uniformly around the ring mold
- Pour any remaining syrup over the balls in the mold
- Microwave on medium (50% power) for 5 to 6 minutes, turning the mold 1/4 turn after each two minutes, until biscuits are cooked through
- Remove from microwave and immediately cover with waxed paper
- Allow to sit undisturbed 5 minutes; then turn out onto a serving dish.