- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat butter with sugar in a mix master until pale and well creamed.
- Fold in the flour and egg whites using your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour or 2 (the mixture can be kept refrigerated for several weeks).
- Bring the mixture to room temperature and line a baking tray with silicone paper.
- Using a small palette knife or the back of a dessert spoon, spread mixture into small even discs, about 4 inches in diameter and about 2 millimeters thick.
- Sprinkle each wafer with 9 or 10 sliced almonds and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Check to see if the tray needs to be turned as some ovens have hot spots.
- When each wafer becomes golden, remove to a wire rack to cool.