- Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel and then dice the apples.
- Combine apples, lemon juice and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle apple mixture with granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; toss well.
- Combine milk, molasses and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add bread to milk mixture; toss to combine.
- Add bread mixture to apple mixture; toss to combine.
- Spoon bread mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and brown sugar; cut in chilled butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles small pebbles.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm.