- Core and slice the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter up an 8 by 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the apples with the cinnamon, granulated sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Transfer this to the baking dish.
- Now in the same large bowl, throw in the flour, brown sugar, oats and finally the last 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Mix in some chunks of butter with your fingertips for a few minutes.
- Lightly shower the topping uniformly over the apples and bake it 1 hour approximately. Basically, right until your apples soft and your oatmeal, crispy.
- Allow it to cool on a rack for 30 minutes prior to serving.