- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add peeled and diced apple, lime juice, brown sugar, water, ground ginger and salt and cook 12 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor, and process until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla; process until smooth.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese mixture into each of 6 parfait glasses, and top each with 2 tablespoons apple mixture.
- Repeat procedure with 3 tablespoons cheese mixture and 2 tablespoons apple mixture, ending with 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.