- Peel and core the apples.
- Roll pastry slightly less than 1/8"" thick. Cut into 7 squares.
- Boil the syrup ingredients for a few minutes.
- Place the apple in the middle of each pastry square.
- Fill them up with a combination of sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Dab each square with a teaspoon of butter.
- Raise points of the pastry up over the apple and overlap.
- Rain over 1 cup of the hot syrup mixture around the dumplings.
- Place in an oven set to 425°F for 45 minutes.
- … And it’s ready! Prior to serving, pour the remaining warm syrup over the dumplings and serve with cream.