- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Generously grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Arrange apple slices in an even layer in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup pecans. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg, evaporated milk, and melted butter.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture all at once, and stir until smooth. Pour mixture over apples, and sprinkle top with remaining chopped pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes.