- Whisk together the butter and sugar in a large bowl for about 2 minutes. Then put the egg and egg whites, yogurt, applesauce, vanilla and oil in a butter and sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Now combine together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and then add put them in the butter mixture. Beat well until just moistened.
- Take a 9-inch springform pan and coat with the cooking spray, ladle the mixture in the pan and sprinkle over the apples and walnuts.
- Put together the allspice, cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the top of the butter mixture.
- Heat the oven at a temperature of 375?F. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted near the center. Remove from the pan.
- Let refrigerate until serving. Transfer 'Apple Topped Cake' to the serving plates and serve.