- Cut apricots in small pieces; slightly beat the egg; take orange and grate the peel about 1 tbsp.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Cook apricots in water in a covered medium-size saucepan for 10-15 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Drain; reserve 3/4 cup liquid. Set apricots aside to cool.
- Cream together margarine and sugar. By hand, beat in egg and orange peel. Sift together flour, dry milk, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved apricot liquid and orange juice.
- Stir apricot pieces and pecans into batter. Turn batter into prepared pans. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bread springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and completely cool on wire rack before slicing.