- Bring 1-inch of water to a boil, add salt then green beans, cover and cook 2 minutes, then add pencil asparagus and cook 3 minutes more.
- If using pencil asparagus, blanch for 1 to 2 minutes, drain well and cold shock vegetables in ice water to stop cooking process.
- Drain the vegetables on clean kitchen towels to dry completely. Thinly slice the green beans lengthwise on an angle; pile them together and run your knife through them cutting them into 2-inch pieces.
- Halve the asparagus lengthwise if thicker, leave in spindles if thin, then cut the spears into 2-inch pieces on an angle.
- Combine the beans, asparagus, 1/2 cup of parsley and sliced onion in a shallow bowl.
- Combine the lemon zest and juice, remaining 1/2 cup of parsley and herbs in a food processor with cheese.
- Turn processor on and stream in extra-virgin olive oil.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper and pour over the salad.
- Season the sliced tomatoes with salt and garnish salad with them.