- Chop onion and bacon slices, peel the potatoes and then grate them roughly. Squeeze out any access water from the potatoes. Beat the egg and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, melt butter with a tbsp of oil in it.
- Now put onion and bacon, cook for 8 minutes then clean the pan.
- Take a large bowl, place potatoes together with the onion mixture, egg, parsley, flour and seasoning.
- Heat half of the remaining oil in pan and add potato mixture. Press into a flat round with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for 10 minutes at low heat.
- Turn over the cake, add remaining oil in pan, again cook in the same manner until the base is crisp and golden.
- Bacon,onion and potato cake is ready to serve!