- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or ovenproof high sided skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in rice and garlic; cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine and simmer until it has mostly evaporated.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and transfer to the oven.
- Bake until the rice is just tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Shortly before the risotto is done, steam asparagus, peas and bell pepper until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Fold the steamed vegetables, Parmesan, parsley, chives, lemon zest and pepper into the risotto.
- Serve immediately.