- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Line square cake tin (195 x 195 x 48mm) with nonstick paper.
- Bring grape juice to the boil in a saucepan, then turn off heat. Add dates. Place lid on and cool.
- When are softened, mashed them gently.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
- In a big bowl, beat the butter with the sugar.
- Add in 2 Tbsp of the honey and the eggs. Beat and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Tip in the mashed banana and dates, mix until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Scatter the chopped walnuts evenly on top.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Press the top lightly, it should be firm. If not, bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Lift out of the pan and drizzle the remaining 1 Tbsp honey on top.
- Cool completely.