- Mix yeast and sugar in milk. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Sieve both flours with salt into a mixing bowl. Add lard and yeast with all liquid then mix well to form a soft dough.
- Dust a plain surface with some flour and knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until it smoothens.
- Keep covered in a greased bowl for an hour to rise double in size.
- Knead again for some minutes then divide into 12 portions and give the shape of baps.
- Place on greased baking trays, keeping distance in between and leave in a warm atmosphere to rise double in size.
- Slit the tops of all baps and bake at 200 C/ 400 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Bring out to cool on a wire rack.