- First of all make vegetable stock
- Slice the onion; set it aside. Preheat the oven at a temperature of 400*F.
- Rinse the barley in a cold running water, drain and dry well. In a saucepan, place it and ladle over the vegetable stock and boil again. Cover and let simmer for about 40 minutes until the stock is absorbed and the barley is tender.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter then put the onion and then fry for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft but not browned. Put rosemary, mushrooms and squash to the pan and fry again for about 5 minutes. Stir in the pearl barley and add the remaining ingredients, leaving the parsley, until well combined.
- Take a greased baking dish and transfer the barley and then put it into the oven for about 20 minutes until it changes the color to the golden.
- Before serving, garnish with parsley.