- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Peel the potatoes and grate them into a colander. Squeeze them over the sink to remove as much excess moisture as possible. Dry with paper towels and place in a large bowl.
- Grate the onion into the bowl along with the potatoes.Add the eggs, garlic, basil, parmesan cheese, oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place a good 1/2 cup of the mixture into each muffin cup and pack down firmly.
- Bake until lightly browned and firm about 45 minutes or longer for extra crispyness.Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.