- Place the chopped scallion,garlic cloves minced, pear(peeled and grated), toasted sesame seeds, soy sauce, cup of white wine, sesame oil, cornstarch in a large ziplock bag and mix well.
- Add the steak and seal the bag, squeezing out all the air, refrigerate overnight.
- Thirty minutes before grilling, remove steak from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and set on counter take off the chill.
- In the meantime, cute the square wonton chips.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a wok, saute pan (or use your deep fryer) until 375F.
- Slide the wonton wrapper triangles into the oil and fry for 1 minute each side until crisp. Drain and cool on a rack.
- Pour the reserved marinade in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- If grilling outside, pre-heat grill. If cooking indoors, (you can set your broiler on high and place the rank 3 inches below the heat source).
- Cook 5-6 minutes each side, until medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes on cutting board. Slice the steak very thinly ACROSS the grain.
- Combine the steak slices with the thickened and cooked marinade (sauce).
- To serve, place a couple slices of the beef onto a wonton chip. Top with a spoonful of warmed apricot marmalade.