- Combine beef stock, red wine and all purpose flour together in a bowl and place aside.
- Drizzle steaks with pepper and salt, heat only 1 tsp oil in a pan and cook steaks on a high heat. Now remove steaks and set aside.
- Add shallots in a remaining oil and cook, scrape crusted meat particles, add mushrooms.
- Lightly whisk stock and thyme into a pan, cook and stirring until it's thickened. add collected juices from standing steaks.
- Transfer steaks on warm plates and serve hot steaks with roasted potatoes and sauce.