- Peel and dice the potatoes and beetroot as well, peel and grate the apple.
- In a large bowl, add onion, apple, potatoes and water. Cover the lid and cook for at least 10 minutes on high heat. Add the cumin seeds, stir for 1 minute.
- Add bay leaf, beetroot, lemon juice, thyme and stock. Cook for 12 minutes on high heat. Spoon occasionally, now leave it uncovered; 5 minutes.
- Remove and throw out the bay leaf. Rinse the vegetables and preserve liquid into medium jug.
- Add the vegetables together with minimum amount of preserved liquid in a processor or blender until it is smooth and creamy or carefully mash the soup and press through a fine sieve.
- Add the vegetable puree in a bowl with reserved liquid and combine well. Season it with pepper and salt. Put on lid and cook for 4-5 minutes until red hot.
- Serve the Beetroot and Potato Soup in warm bowls and spread 1 tbsp of heavy cream with each serving. Sprinkle it with your favorite herb.