- Cut chicken beasts into halves.
- In a shallow dish or bowl combine the soup, egg and 1dash salt (be careful, as soup is already salted); mix together.
- Dip chicken in mixture and turn to coat completely and set a side.
- In a resealable plastic bag mix together the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper, one at a time.
- Place chicken pieces in bag, seal and shake to coat.
- Add more flour and/or cornstarch as necessary, but add them in equal parts.
- Place coated chicken on a platter and allow to sit until it becomes doughy (this is critical, to ensure crispiness when fried).
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat; (be sure to use enough oil to cover chicken pieces).
- Fry chicken pieces in oil for about 7 to 10 minutes each, or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.