- Chop the onion, zucchini and set aside.
- Take a bowl filled with cold water, put the split peas into it, cover and let soak for few hours or whole night. Properly drain, rinse through cold running water and drain once again.
- Take a pan, heat up oil into it and add onion, cook and spoon with intervals until really soft but not colored.
- Set aside a handful of chopped zucchini, add half of the zucchini to the pan, cook and stir well for 3 minutes, add stock and ground turmeric, let boil. Now decrease the heat, cover the lid and let simmer for 40 minutes until split peas are completely tender.
- when you see your soup is just about to ready, take a saucepan filled with water and let boil, then add reserved handful of zucchini and cook for a minute. Drain well and put into the soup, season to your taste with salt and pepper. Serve split pea soup at once.