- Mince the garlic clove, trim broccoli, separate tough stems and cut broccoli into florets with 2-inch stems. Peel remaining broccoli stems, cut into half inch thick slices.
- In a large saucepan, take 1 quart water and boil it over high heat. Place broccoli in it, give it a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Drain and place in platter.
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, oil, garlic, parsley and pepper. Pour it over broccoli, tossing well to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered for 1-2 hours before serving.