- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add walnuts, and toast 3 to 4 minutes, or until fragrant,transfer to plate, and set aside.
- Wipe out skillet, and return to heat. Add olive oil, and swirl skillet to coat bottom.
- Add Brussels sprouts(trimmed and halved), and cook 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add shallots(trimmed and halved) and minced garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in coarsely chopped dried cranberries, apricot nectar, and water.
- Partially cover pot, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated and Brussels sprouts are just tender but not soft.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Stir in walnut oil and toasted walnuts, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.