- Lightly beat the eggs. Remove the shells from the shrimps and devein them. Leave the tails on and then split them in half from the underbelly about halfway along, leaving the tails still firmly attached.
- In a bowl, put together the soy sauce, corn flour, wine, salt and pepper. Put the shrimps in the mixture and toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinade.
- Heat the wok and then heat the oil in it. Dip each shrimp first in the eggs and then roll them in the bread crumbs. Deep-fry them in batches until golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and then drain them on the kitchen paper. Then arrange the shrimps on the bed of lettuce and garnish with the scallions.
- Serve 'Butterfly Shrimps Recipe' as is.