- Lightly beat the egg white; grate the chocolate. Put together the egg, water and lemon juice. Blend together the flour, sugar, and salt in a blender and blend quickly. Now put the butter and then the egg mixture with the motor running. Blend until the mixture forms dough.
- Flour the surface lightly and place the dough, knead the dough lightly. Wrap the dough and chill for 1 hour. At the same time, beat the cheese until smooth. Then sift in the sugar together with the essence, rind, candied fruit, chocolate, cinnamon and orange juice; beat. Cover and then chill.
- Roll the dough out on a surface until reaches the size of 1.5 mm. with the help of the ruler, cut the dough into 3.5*3-inch pieces. Heat the oil in the pan; roll the piece of pastry around the greased cannoli mould.
- Seal the roll with the egg whites, pressing firmly. Repeat the process with the other moulds. Fry 3 moulds at a time until golden. Remove and then drain on kitchen paper. Leave them to cool.
- Carefully remove the moulds and then fill with the filling mixture, sift sugar over the 'Cannoli' and serve.