- Shred cabbage, chop celery and onion, grate carrot; set them aside.
- Mix together onion, celery, carrots and cabbage in a large bowl. Stir in the parsley and season to taste.
- In a saucepan, heat oil, add poppy seeds and cover the pan. At medium heat, cook the seeds until they give popping sound. Put away from heat and let cool.
- Spread the nuts on a cookie sheet then place them under medium-hot grill and toast until they change color to lightly brown. Set aside to cool.
- Put vinegar in poppy seeds pan, mix then pour the dressing over carrot mixture. Now add cooled nuts and toss together to coat well.
- Serve at once.