- Place 2.5 cups milk, coconut milk, rice and salt in a large heavy-bottomed pot. Put over high heat and bring to boil while stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, add carrot and remaining milk then let simmer for 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- In the meantime, mix brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger in a small bowl.
- When Rice is cooked, remove from heat, stir in the sugar mixture along with raisins.
- Dish out in a serving bowl, sprinkle some ground cinnamon and serve warm!