- Combine pitted sour cherries, frozen sweetened cherries, vinegar, water, crushed garlic, sugar, ginger, allspice, cardamom, cinnamon and cayenne in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Transfer to a blender. Cover the lid with a kitchen towel.
- Holding lid securely in place, blend until smooth. (Use caution when blending hot liquids.) Transfer the ketchup to a small bowl.
- Enjoy and serve with favorite chips or steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate up to two weeks,